The sun is shining here at music.co.uk, so I thought it was about time we had another look ahead to the summer, and all the wonderful musical things that will be happening. Today I’m inviting you to cross from the mainland over to the Isle Of Wight for their Summer Madness Festival.
Taking place on the 29th August, the festival will be held in the grounds of Carisbrooke Castle, a great location for some Bank Holiday fun, and the festival team have announced an interesting/eclectic music line-up too! Topping the bill will be the ultimate mod rocker Paul Weller, who’s sure to delight the crowd with his awesome back catalogue of hits. He will be joined on the line-up by fellow mod rockers The Chords, who are bringing their original line-up together especially for this gig. If mod rock isn’t your thing, then maybe you’ll delight in the acid jazz funk sounds of the mighty Brand New Heavies, who may well treat you to a rendition of their anthem ‘Midnight At The Oasis’, or how about some blues rock from the delightful Dubliner Imelda May? To complete the line-up the organisers have invited local band The Bee’s to perform at the event, alongside popular newbies Twisted Wheel. We’ve also heard rumours a very special guest is yet to be announced. I wonder who it could be?
With all this great music instore, and we are told, some great festival facilities/refreshments, this could just be a gig not to be missed this August. If you fancy checking the festival out, or would just like more information, then please see the terms/conditions and other info below. It’s Summer Madness on the Isle Of Wight, and it’s coming your way in Summer 2010!
• Tickets are priced at £40, making Summer Madness a great value for money event and a must see! To make it even easier, Summer Madness event shuttle buses will run from Ryde Esplanade (Wightlink Port), Cowes Co-op (Red Funnel Port) and Newport Bus Station.
• Summer Madness is a one-day event, held in Carisbrooke Castle Fields, Nr Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1XY. Tickets are available at www.seetickets.com or by phoning the 24 Hour Hotline – 0871 2200 260.
• VIP Ticket: £60 (please note that these are only available through See Tickets or Home Grown Events). Customers purchasing VIP Tickets for Summer Madness will have access to the backstage VIP area bars & toilet facilities and will be given a complimentary glass of wine / beer & hamburger / hot dog or vegetarian option. They will also have entry to an exclusive site at the front of the stage from which to view the concert.
• Persons with special needs, who require assistance, are entitled to one free carer (the one ticket purchased will be posted to the purchaser prior to the event, & on presentation of an orange/blue badge, the carer will be supplied with a wristband at the box office on the day of the event).
• Anybody under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21. No Under 5’s.
• There is a limit of 6 tickets per household.