In 1959 the doors opened on a venue which changed the face of the London music scene, and provided a beacon of light for Jazz fans in the UK. That venue was Ronnie Scott’s, a place that’s opened its doors to some of the finest Jazz singers, bands, and musicians in the world. The iconic venue has attracted music fans from all over the world, but they are always ready and willing to welcome some more, so why not Jazz up your Christmas with a Ronnie Scott’s Membership package.
Perfect for a friend, family, or as a self indulgent treat, the package comes all wrapped up in a shiny box, which once opened will reveal a host of Ronnie Scott’s benefits. Every new member of the club will receive a membership card, and a unique USB Stick. Very technological and useful too, as the stick links you to updated gig listings/event news, and features an interesting documentary as well. ‘A Day In The Life’ sounds like a must for all nosey Jazz fans as it gives you an exclusive glimpse behind the scenes at the club; who knows what you might see? There will also be a precious piece of paper in your box of goodies that will explain all the other benefits a Ronnie Scott’s membership will bring. We have a letter right here, so can inform all you music.co.uk readers what your hard earned cash will get you with this Christmas gift! The list reads something like this:
• 2 free tickets to a standard price show per year*
• 20% off all tickets (including guests)**
• Dedicated members-only priority booking line
• Priority entrance to the club (on production of membership card)
• Advance notice of future acts and special events
• Free entrance for member (plus three guests) Monday-Thursday after 11pm***
• Free entrance for member (plus one guest) Friday and Saturday after midnight***
• Ability to pre-book space at Ronnie’s Bar Monday-Saturday
• Free entry to certain paid ticket events in Ronnie’s Bar (including Wednesday Jazz Jam and Thursday live music nights)
• Bi-monthly programme mailed to home address
• Free bottle of Champagne on introduction of a new member
* Valid Mon-Thurs, standard seat tickets @ £26
**Maximum of 4 tickets per show
***No pre-booking, subject to capacity
It’s a gift that will keep on giving all year round, and members are sure to enjoy the variety of discounts and booking benefits the club provides its members, not to mention the great music of course! Recent events have featured acts like Van Morrison, Jeff Beck, and the interestingly named Chick Corea. There’s sure to be many exciting things planned for 2010, including events scheduled in the newly opened Ronnie’s Bar, which members can gain free entry to on some nights.
Membership costs £165 a year, so if this sounds like your ideal Christmas Gift, why not pop along to www.ronniescotts.co.uk and find out more.