While music.co.uk offers its congratulations to Spelbound, the winners (and well deserved too) of Britain’s Got Talent, our thoughts are also turning to the fast approaching final of another competition, 1Click2Fame.
Given the name, 1Click2Fame might sound like quite a simple competition, though it’s anything but, as all dance/music/variety entrants had to work hard via social networking, to ensure their acts stayed in the competition! Fans have been voting in vast numbers for their favourite acts, with monthly and quarter final rounds taking place to whittle down the numbers. The winners and runners up from each category, along with three wildcard entries, chosen by ‘star coaches’ involved in the competition, have made it through to the final stages of voting which start on the 10th June. From this date onwards online public voting will take place to decide the ultimate winner, who will be announced at the Grand Final event at the 1001 Club in London on June 17th.
The Grand Final is sure to be an exciting night, as all three of the Quarter Final winners will be performing, along with the 2009 1Click2Fame Winner Lucie Evans. At the end of the night one act from the 12 performing, will walk away with £100,000 sponsorship deal! There are no real losers though, as the Quarter Final winners have already won £20K, and a £5k professional photo shoot. If that wasn’t enough you only have to take a look at the whirlwind year last years winner has had, to see entering and progressing in a competition like this can open doors.
16 year old Lucie has already spent time in LA, where she has recorded with producer and songwriter Marshall Altman (Cheryl Cole/Natasha Bedingfield), completed a promo tour, and appeared at MusExpo in the city. She also has ongoing support from 1Click2Fame industry mentors, will release her debut album in late 2010, and you might just hear her music on EA Games products too. All this from entering a website competition!
The full list of finalists is below, so make sure you click on through to their pages, have a watch and listen, and help decide who you think should walk away with the potentially career changing prize!! All these lucky people have been guided by ‘star coaches’ through the competition, so hats off to international voice coach Stevie Lange, Dance Coach Katie Prince who runs ZooNation, and industry insider/expert Alex Donelly. Some of you may already have voted, and helped your acts win prizes, but from June 10th it’ll be time to vote again. Who will win the ultimate prize? You decide!
For more information check out the official website at http://www.1click2fame.com.
• Euphoria Audio: Four piece rock band from Wakefield
• Tom Andrews: 16 year old singer from Exeter.
• The JOK3R: Ben Johnson (The JOK3R): 15-year old magician from Manchester.
• Katem3 (Kate McGill): 19-year old acoustic singer from Plymouth.
• KKV91(Kulpreet Virdi), is a 19-year old acoustic singer from Nottingham.
• Pete Hathway is a 23-year old street magician from Hackney, London.
• JUICE is a four-piece pop band from Preston.
• Nena Kubu: Five-piece band from Doncaster.
• Hollie McKinlay is a 15-year old classical singer from Benfleet, Essex.
• Jack Martello: A 22-year old singer/songwriter from Lydd, Kent.
• Soul Mover (Lanre Malaolu), is a freestyle dancer from Hackney, London.
• Sound of the Sirens: A three-piece girl band from Exeter – Lisa Eyre, Hannah Wood and Abbe Martin.