It was recently reported that the tragic death of major music artist Amy Winehouse had occurred. Since her death at the young age of twenty seven there has been rumours circulating attempting to establish the cause of the death. The recent inquest into the Grammy award winners death has revealed that she died from alcohol poisoning after a binge drinking session. It is believed that this binge drinking session occurred after a period of abstinence.
It was found that the music artist was more than five times the legal drink drive limit when her body was discovered. The findings suggested that the singer had enough alcohol in her body to make her comatose and depress her respiratory system. Amy Winehouse was found dead at her home in Camden, North London on 23rd July.
The coroner of St Pancras has recorded the death as misadventure and the case has not been closed. Coroner Suzanne Greenway stated that the star had 416mg of alcohol in her system and this lead to the unexpected death. It has been stated that the police recovered three empty bottles of vodka from her home. Winehouse had previously battled with a drink problem, although it was believed that she was on the road to recovery at the time of her death.
There had been strong rumours suggesting that Winehouse had died as a result of a drug overdose but this has now been proven to be false.
The music of Winehouse lives on and for many people she is one of the greatest artists of all time. In recent weeks the artist has topped the charts with her best selling album and this continues to hold great sales within the UK.
The Amy Winehouse foundation has been created to support children and young people; this foundation will continue to work hard to solve problems.