Popular UK Artist Adele continues to see excellent achievements and her records continue to extend. The phenomenal success of the artist really can’t be questioned and Adele continues to grow in fame. Adele has been in the charts for 35 weeks with her album 21. This album has yet to leave the Top 5 and it has recently risen back to the number one spot of the Billboard 200. This week the album has sold 106,000 copies and sales continue to occur for the popular album. Top singer Adele has achieved great success across the all of the World and not just in the UK.
The album 21 has now topped a massive 4.1 million copies and it has become the best selling album of 2011 by far. One of the singles on the album, Someone Like You, spent thirteen consecutive weeks at the top spot. The top ten selling albums this week for the Billboard 200 are shown below:
1. Adele, 21 – 106,000 copies
2. Casting Crowns, Come to the Well – 99,000
3. Scotty McCreery, Clear As Day – 57,000
4. Evanescence, Evanescence – 40,000 copies
5. Tony Bennett, Duets II – 39,000
6. Lil Wayne, Tha Carter IV – 36,000
7. Lady Antebellum, Own The Night – 34,000
8. Joe, The Good, the Bad, the Sexy – 33,000
9. Five Finger Death Punch, American Capitalist – 29,000
10. Lauren Alaina, Wildflower – 26,000
Adele has quickly become the most successful British artist in America and there is no doubt that her popularity will continue to grow. The artist has become a major hit all over the world and her debut album 19 continues to see excellent sales.
For many people the artist has now become one of the best music artists there is and she has recently sold out a tour. At present the artist is suffering from difficulties with her vocal chords and she is having to rest. Numerous live performances have been cancelled by the artist on request of her management and medical staff.