Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: new bands to recommend?

UKMusic.com Bronze Member
    the bleach works are amazing!! if you love the killers then you will love them Something about you was produced by Jeff Saltzman

http://www.myspace.com/thebleachworks

Idols Are Higher are well worth a listen

I just posted a fuller description on the new artist site but thought i'd add to this thread that you should give Idols Are Higher a listen. Find them on Myspace at www.myspace.com/idolsarehigher . Cheers.p.

Did you hear Black Light Burns, not so new but very interesting sound

-------------

...With love to myspace glitter graphics...
    Last edited by crazzycat; 12-10-2009 at 07:26 AM.

new to the forum

hello to all

my name is mark, 23 y.o., playing guitar for 7years, piano 2years, adicted in all fender products, especialy guitars and tube amps

i'm lead guitarrist and i prefer use fingers than picks

i hope that i can make some friends here
    Interested people can see this......
    Buy Music
    see you all there

Thompson Falls - New Album Release

Overspill Poets debut album Thompson Falls is out now.

Formed from the ashes of Hug who released three EPs and an album on Kitchenware in the 90's and were hotly tipped by the NME, Radio 1 and Mark Radcliffe, Overspill Poets head out in a new direction, blending driving alternative rock and alt country guitar jangle with vocals that root them firmly in the North of England. Like "Bob Mould crashing into REM on Johnny Cash's iPod." File under "Ultimate Driving Music".

"Each piece rolls into the next like chapters in a story. These songs mix lo-fi with lush Americana, although their Northern indie roots are never for once forgotten... The guitar work is at times astonishing."
    - Subba-Cultcha

More info is available at www.myspace.com/overspillpoets

banana castle records presents

New bands to recommend, we certainly have some for you here...
    We have two new acts on our independant London based label which are Altercation ( www.myspace.com/altercationmusic ) a female fronted grunge rock band and HiroshAmour ( www.myspace.com/hiroshamour ) a psychedelic drum storm in the underworld...

you should definitely check them out...

UKMusic.com Bronze Member BigMusic's Avatar
    I don't know if she's singing with a band or not...but she's got absolutely an interesting voice. Check it out, please:

Let me know what you think...thanks!

Cocos Lovers

Dont know if you guys are into folk/rock but if you like Mumford & Sons I highly recomend you check out Cocos Lovers.... - http://www.myspace.com/cocoslovers

Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Panic! At the Disco, Paramore....
    Lol x Luv Demm x

Debut EP by Cancel The Astronauts

Cancel The Astronauts are a five-piece indie-pop band from Edinburgh. They write songs related to stalking and inappropriate lusting as well as tunes with guitars and beats you can dance to.

The bands' debut EP, ‘I Am The President OF Your Fan Club (and Last Night I Followed You Home)’, is out now on independent label, Riley Records. The EP has been well received and has won them national airplay on both BBC Radio 1 and 6 Music, in addition to numerous radio shows and podcasts around the world.

Their website (canceltheastronauts.co.uk) is regularly updated and features free downloads, band videos and live recordings from their studio. As a result, it is now enjoying a large following and was made ‘website of the week’ on Steve Lamacq’s Radio 1 show in June.

The band are building a reputation as one of Edinburgh best live bands, and have headlined nights at Limbo, Trampoline and The Gentle Invasion, among others. They have also been lucky enough to share the stage with such luminaries as Frightened Rabbit, Found, Attic Lights, Parka, Juno!, Meursault, Come On Gang! and Kid Canaveral.

A second EP is currently being recorded.

Songs about working men's clubs in Kilmarnock may not be the most glamorous subject matter, but Cancel The Astronauts (****) pull them off with a kind of exuberance usually reserved for Mardi Gras. CTA's music is perfectly embodied in their lead singer: his upper body attire of waistcoat and tie reflect the smart, Strokes-esque basslines, whilst his red tracksuit bottoms are symbolic of the irreverent playfulness that sets them apart. For fans of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: this is how you wish they sounded live. The Skinny

Cancel the Astronauts deliver five pop-perfect tracks in their energetic EP… ‘Country Song’ will have you twirling and stomping around in your Converse dance shoes and ‘Late in the City’s playful rock ‘n’ roll leaves you wanting to know the end of this lonely love story. Accessible, seriously fun Scottish indie pop that boogies. **** Is This Music?

Check out The Unkindness of Ravens at

If you are into InMe or Biffy Clyro, check out Fortune Rookie: http://bit.ly/2FwDKS

The guys have an EP release coming out in the new year for Stacy J with a UK and European tour planned to promote it along with a nice music video.

Little Redde

Hey guys, not sure if you've heard the Scottish band Little Redde but check them out. http://www.littleredde.com/

They've just been in Air Studios down in London recording new material in the studio next to Paul McCartney! Musically it's got a retro feel but with strong female vocals - please do take a listen and let me know what you think!

Check out Dean Fertita's exiting new solo project Hello=Fire. Quality time for your ears!

New Band

New Indie band

Check this out.
    www.myspace.com/novaphonic or www.novaphonic.net
    You can send an email to novaphonic@hotmail.com and they will send the songs in MP3 for free.

new hard rock band!! Incredible!!

i heard this new hard rock band and i honestly think they are incredible!!
    www.myspace.com/scarletvein

I saw this band last night in Manchester, I think they're new, they're called "Shoshin" I think...
    http://www.weareshoshin.com

I discovered this band earlier today called The Rocket Summer. Apparently they are semi-famous, but I had never heard of em before today. I like their song "You Gotta Believe"... so catchy!
    http://www.vevo.com/watch/the-rocket...e/USUV70903561

band

Quote Originally Posted by nilios
    i would recommend pull tiger tail, cold war kids- the lead singer has got such a unique voice- and an australian band called starky, really good atmospheric indie.
    i have just listened to Modest Mouse if you havent heard them i would recommend

Thread Information