Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: new bands to recommend?

UKMusic.com Bronze Member
    Hey!

I remember that name. I've searched through MySpace and found them!

Their name is After The Ice. They have a gig on June 25th. Personally I'll go for sure!

You can check them out at MySpace --> www.myspace.com/aftertheice

Or check their webpage, it is really great! (try to find their mixer I've found it) --> www.aftertheice.com

Cheers

OMG!

Aleja, last May 22nd I went to their gig! At the Clapham Grand, it was so great!

They were only three on stage, but it seemed like they were six!

It was incredible. Now I know them, I can say that it is a great band...

P.D. I already have discovered their 4th space and their mixer!

Check out 12 Dirty Bullets! new indie rock from west London

http://myspace.com/12dirtybullets

Where are they from in West London? I see they're already playing some well known venues.
    Hugh Jones is a coup as producer, he produced one of my favourite albums, Heaven Up Here.

my bands only a 3 peice, love the raw sound ya can get from just one guitar bass n drums, love it haha

have a look at us n say wat ya think! www.myspace.com/adayinthelifeuk

Quote Originally Posted by superhans
    Where are they from in West London? I see they're already playing some well known venues.
    Hugh Jones is a coup as producer, he produced one of my favourite albums, Heaven Up Here.
    12 Dirty Bullets were formed by Josh and Jamie Jamieson in Harrow! Hugh Jones has produced some amazing British albums through the years... album should drop within 6 weeks.

This band is great! Tkey are from Poland but singing in English! The quality and music is real awesome as for not profesional recorded demo!

http://www.myspace.com/afarma

It rocks as hell!!

Join the 3 Mile High Club ;-)

I would recommend my favourite new band Helium Soul. They have a unique sound, which is retro with a contemporary mix of rock and nu-blues and a lot of attitude!

Give them a try at http://www.heliumsoul.com or http://www.myspace.com/heliumsoul.

Also you can join the 3 Mile High Club and receive a free copy of their new single and your own personalised Passport with badges and special offers for Club members.

I'd recommend a band called Gold Digger. We saw these guys at Monto's Water Rats in Kings Cross on Saturday and they were fantastic. Mental drummer. Found loads of tracks (4 albums?) by them on Last.FM. Think they're signed, but not sure:

GOLD DIGGER: www.last.fm/music/Gold+Digger

Another great band we saw recently were these guys:

MILKE: www.myspace.com/milkme

Really good stuff.

Like heavy rock, but with classic/prog overtones? 3 lead singers with beautiful harmonies. The Reasoning are about to release their second album, Dark Angel. It's awesome!

www.thereasoning.com, http://www.myspace.com/thereasoninguk

if you like experimental/hip hop/rock check out News From Nowhere

www.myspace.com/newsfromnowhereband

I've come across a few new rock/metal acts recently who I think are awesome! Our Malevolent Tyranny - www.myspace.com/omtmusic are the type of metal that Pantera/Atreyu/Avenged Sevenfold fans would like I think! Their guitar riffs are incredible in my opinion. You have to check them out if you like that kind of music!

Also Six Second Silence - www.myspace.com/sixsecondsilencerock. They're a pretty new band based in London but I think they'll be one to watch. They play melodic heavy rock with lots of distortion. Both bands are playing together at The Purple Turtle on 10th Sep so check them out if you can!

i would recommend this new band from chicago called 'Janus' i saw the play live coupla times at Metro, and i felt that they were just awesome. i was really bored of all that all rock stuff coming again and again. when i heard this i felt this is our voice ,lyrics of our heart emanating from every pore of our body,just listen to their latest release 'If i were you' from their latest album Red Right Return, which actually released this November only.
    watch the video:

The Download Generation - The Place To Be seen!

Hi Everyone
    Im here to champion the cause for a fantastic internet video channel for unsigned bands and artists.
    http://www.thedownloadgeneration.com streams 24hrs a day playing an eclectic video mix of the pure global unsigned!
    They are looking for unsigned acts to submit videos for streaming.Its as simple as that! Its free,no catch,no subscription, and no false promises!, its simply an expanding unsigned video community.Somewhere for us all to belong to and an opportunity to view our videos in the right envoiroment, amongst their own, video jukebox style!.

For any unsigned band or artist with a video this is a no brainer!. Word is gathering pace and http://www.thedownloadgeneration.com is going to be the place to be seen for us 'as yet undiscovered'!. As said - No Catch!.

Besta Luck All!
    Chuckie

Theres a band I saw last night in London called the Stayaways. They totally blew everyone away. Think Nirvana combined with Blur and Beatlesy melodies. Id tip them for big things soon. I think you can find their stuff at www.myspace.com/stayaways. Junkets is awesome.

Hey, am new to this site, just checking it out. I love indie, metal and alt music. I edit Indieoma.com. A great site for emerging artists and writers, as well as established muso's - you'll find some new bands there. Looking forward to using this forum to meet new people.

I recommend Modest Mouse. If there are any The Shins fans out there, its a combination of the drummer of the shins and the inspirational The Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr.

It's pretty awesome but I must admit it is an aquired taste.

Anyone like?

Let me know if you do.

Joe

Check um out at

www.myspace.com/bridgefireband

Great unsigned band with quite a few up and coming dates in London.
    Defo worth getting on down to see them they will tear the roof off all
    these venues believe you me, buy a ticket today!!!!!!!!!

I have been hearing a great deal of people recommending an ace Sheffield band at the moment: 'Pistola Kicks'. It seems like they are going to be the next big thing to me! They got one of their songs on the umbro ad last year friday nights or something, tune!
    www.myspace.com/pistolakicks, well worth checking out!

Thread Information