21. You may not vote on this poll
  • U2

14 66.67%
  • Coldplay

7 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U2 or Coldplay - Who's better?

U2 or Coldplay - Who's better?

Got this poll on other music forums, just want to settle a debate with my mate once and for all.

I know there are some hardcore U2 fans out there, but I'd have to say Coldplay. They've developed a unique sound and have produced some quality tracks and their sound can be quite moving. I've used Coldplay tracks on documentaries I've made, they are so atmospheric. Coldplay gets my vote everytime.
    [B]Want to write for UKMusic.com? Send an email to: [/B] [email]sarahvillegas@ukmusic.com[/email]

[IMG]http://www.ukmusic.com/forum/images/logofooter.gif[/IMG]

Saying that U2 have just walked away with 5 Grammys!
    [B]Want to write for UKMusic.com? Send an email to: [/B] [email]sarahvillegas@ukmusic.com[/email]

[IMG]http://www.ukmusic.com/forum/images/logofooter.gif[/IMG]

UKMusic.com Platinum Member Exzes's Avatar
    Personally, I would have to say U2, as Coldplay don't strike out to me. Chris Martin is a little bit of a whingebag. Then again, Bono gets on my tits. But I would have to say the Irish crooner has done far more than Martin will achieve.

UKMusic.com Silver Member chelseasav's Avatar
    Don't think thats fair to say just yet Ex. I agree that U2 are better at the moment coz Coldplay haven't been around long enough to make that claim to fame just yet. plus Chris Martin feks me off big time!

its not fair to say that Coldplay won't be as successful as U2 have been...there just not there yet.

UKMusic.com Silver Member
    U2

If Coldplay are as popular in 20 years time as U2 are now, and still producing good stuff then I'll probably change my mind. Both have produced some amazing stuff but for the moment the fact that U2 have made such a range of good stuff over a long time bags it for me.

Statisticly, U2. My opinion, Coldplay. U2 just doesnt appeal to me, maybe its because im the "younger generation" I dont know.

I listen to Coldplay a fair bit and enjoy their relaxing style of music. I have listened to U2 but just cant seem to like them. I think it would be unfair to U2 if you compared them to such a relatively 'new' band such as Coldplay (well 2000 /2001 they really broke out).

UKMusic.com Bronze Member
    U2 by miles

Neither! They are both as bad as each other. Mind you, Coldplay are worse for songs sounding the same as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Exzes
    Personally, I would have to say U2, as Coldplay don't strike out to me. Chris Martin is a little bit of a whingebag. Then again, Bono gets on my tits. But I would have to say the Irish crooner has done far more than Martin will achieve.
    I more than agree! I HATE Chris Martins constant whining...he hits a high note and you go ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop stop stop killing yourself! And you start crying and I don't like U2 for some reason I really hate them. Bono and the Edge get on my nerves, don't ask why they just do.
    I like a few coldplay songs but it's only a "like" and U2 I like even less of their songs. So to sum up I like Coldplay more but only just in their specially cr@p way

UKMusic.com Silver Member chelseasav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDC
    I more than agree! I HATE Chris Martins constant whining...he hits a high note and you go ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop stop stop killing yourself! And you start crying and I don't like U2 for some reason I really hate them. Bono and the Edge get on my nerves, don't ask why they just do.
    I like a few coldplay songs but it's only a "like" and U2 I like even less of their songs. So to sum up I like Coldplay more but only just in their specially cr@p way
    the scientist and fix you are both amazing songs. i hate chris martin but i like coldplay

they are both crap but beautiful day was a good song by u2

i don't think you can compare the two - one's been making music for the last two decades, the other for about 5 years.

UKMusic.com Silver Member
    U2 is good, but i never bothered to listen to any coldplay

hey Hey Hey!!! Im New To Dis Site!! So Show Me Sum Love!! Errrm None Of Dem Bandz R Good, Both Crap....lmao

hey hey!!! i'll show u sum luv l8r

At least Chris Martin CAN hit a high note! roflmao

coldplay but kind of by default, less anoying frontman and less cheesey songs (the old ones)

weird though, I think I like these 2 bands and loathe them in equal measure but Coldplay just about pip them...

U2. they're still kicking a** after decades and decades. how can someone forget the classic "with or without you"? I don't know anyone who haven't heard of that song. coldplay?

both great bands with diffrent types of music , but ill have to say u2 they have been around alot longer and have stood the test of time

Thread Information