View Poll Results: WHO U FEELIN' DA MOST AT DA MOMENT? U.K HIP-HOP OR U.S HIP-HOP?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • U.K HIP-HOP

34 60.71%
  • U.S HIP-HOP

22 39.29%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk Hip-hop Vs Us Hip-hop

UKMusic.com Gold Member

Uk Hip-hop Vs Us Hip-hop

Lets get a debate goin

At da moment, are u feeling UK HIP-HOP OR US HIP-HOP? Which one appeals 2 u more?

GET VOTIN'

Well i voted Us. Sorry guys. Its what i prefer Uk has a long way to go yet

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    how cud you?????

u traitor!!

i alwayz thought u were one of us.............. ONE OF USSS

im dissappointed e.k.s jus leave b4 i say sumfin i regret!

lol

Im gonna go cry now

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    wish i cud say "sorri e.k.s i didnt mean it"

but i ment evry word

now sling yer 'ook

lol

UK hip hop, believe. For me uk hip hop hasn't got to the point where us hip hop has where it's a shallow, meaningless money spinner for top industry records bosses. There's rappers with their own lines of clothing etc...bullsh1t. Uk hip hop comes from the heart, it's deep, clever and has some kind of bearing on real life, not hoes, rims $$$$$es etc....i've heard it all before thanks. I think that uk hip hop is still in it's infancy, but because it's primitive that's what makes it so great, in a way i hop it never blows up and sells out like the US hip hop scene, our artists deserve recognition and money for their work but British mc's just keep it real and that is reflected in their music which (personally speaking) touches me. I can hear a raw tune from the UK and it will send shivers down my neck, i fvcking love it, words cannot express how much i love UK hip hop, but that rarely happens when i hear stuff from the US, no disrespect to them though, because that's the birthplace of hip hop and the UK has got a lot to thank America for but UK hip hop is brain food and something i can relate to and i need that stimulation from music and UK hip hop just hits the spot each and every time, i can't get enough of it.

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    nuff respect symon. Itz all about da UK!!!

u heading off 2 kung-fu nxt week bruv?

heavy line up, truss

I was gonna go - but i have to work on wednesday, it's my last day before i leave my job to go to uni (but i could just not turn up and go Kung Fu instead). But i'm looking at going to dekefex on thursday at Brixton Mass which is a hip hop and dnb night. I did see Skinnyman and Jehst at Fabric a few weeks back and it was siiiick, and i'm looking to go to more hip hop nights in London, but it's hard 'cos only a few of my mates are into British hip hop. Have you ever been to an open mic night like Lyric Pad etc? Apparently they are heavy; bare unknown rappers just up on stage spitting raw lyrics, i wanna go to one of those as well.

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    yea lyric pad iz sik but b4 u go on da mike u gotta sign ur name up before hand and i fink u can do a PA as long as u contact dem and give dem like a mini demo.

da jump off of iz also another gud open mike event where a weekly battle takes place. If u win like 7weeks in a row den u get 1000poundz and a brand new moped.

deal real open mike sessions are weekly (and free 2 get in2) with live performances. Yea u get 2 see alot of rawness at open mike sessions. I mite hed down 2 brixton mass.

But if i woz u i wudnt miss out on kung-fu dis week! (especially not da open mike!)
    wot uni u goin?

UKMusic.com Platinum Member Lady Sovereign's Avatar
    UK ALL THE WAY BAAABBBEYYYY

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    yes yes, u know dat

Well put it his way. If you had to choose the best hip hop artist--Would it be US OR uk.??? Nuff said.

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    at da moment flexi i wud choose a UK artist!!

US hip-hop gone downhill.

who's your favourite btw???

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    i aint got one specific fave, but i gotta say people like chester p, kyza smirnoff, mystro, skinnyman supa t (aka sundragon), jehst, reveal.

and much more are all a big luk rite now. Pickin a fave or even naming all of da people im feelin frm da u.k wud take 4eva.

U.K hip-hop has a deeper meanin and da words are carefully thought out and da tunez portray images dat we can all relate 2 alot more dan da gunz hoes and shiney gold chainz promoted by alot of da actz state side!

who's ur fave uk and u.s flexi?
    Last edited by eddie05; 16-09-2004 at 11:36 AM.

That's a hard question eks - i'd say favourite artists are Nas, Biggie and then from the UK my fav's are Klashnekoff and Jehst - they are my 4 favourite mc's

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    Nas and biggie are 2 sick mc's from america but wen i made dis thread i knew dat alot of people wud say stuff like "no one from da u.k can ever touch biggie or tupac"

so das why i asked who u feeling more "AT DA MOMENT"

clever meeeeeeeee

Uk i do like the style of Jehst & skinny..n of course Shystie..for the ladies

My fav's are Method n Mobb Depp -

I think bare uk mc's can touch Biggie and Tupac, in a lyrical sense, if you forget their legacy's etc. Jehst, Klashnekoff, Chester P, Kyza, Yungun, Sundragon, SKinnyman could test them - and i think all of them would give Eminem a run for his money in a battle - the man can drop sick freestyles but i reckon Jehst would rip him apart

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    bruv chester p iz a sicker freestyler dan eminem

no liez

chester p iz a heavyweight freestyler if i knew how 2 put music up on dis site den i wud put up 1 of his freestyles!

he even beat common in a freestyle battle (yes, american rapper common)

Thread Information