Thread: London- depressing music!?

London- depressing music!?

Whenever I go out to try and discover new up and coming music in London, I come home depressed. The music people write here doesn't have anything refreshing in it.. There seems to be a depressed and frustrated vibe about it all.. and the audience never seems to enjoy themselves.. Does anyone agree?

You should try UK/Naija Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Shanti View Post
    Whenever I go out to try and discover new up and coming music in London, I come home depressed. The music people write here doesn't have anything refreshing in it.. There seems to be a depressed and frustrated vibe about it all.. and the audience never seems to enjoy themselves.. Does anyone agree?
    Then you have to check this out. Go to Soundcloud.com, search for Facyl. listen to One more chance. Be the first to hear this.

I play in london a lot and we get a real punky party going and everyone leaves happy.

They put on some real fun band nights at the Dublin Castle in Camden.

im from bedfordshire and would like to find some good open mic nights in london for RnB and hip hop performances..any ideas?

Yeah it's just that everyones a bit too cool for school, and the cool deep house vibe kind of supports that. It's a shame really.

Interesting comments in this thread... i can sort of relate to both sides of the argument.

However i would suggest looking a bit deeper and choosing your nights or venues a bit more wisely..

I know if i go to a jazz/northern soul night in London, i will always leave a happy man.

Thread Information