Thread: who's da most overrated rapper out there?

UKMusic.com Silver Member

who's da most overrated rapper out there?

I think it's gotta be nelly. i dont understand why everybody likes him. that "hot in herre" thing is deep $$$$.
    what do u think?

damn...well said

nelly
    ja rule
    p diddy

UKMusic.com Gold Member
    they make music for entertaining. but i gotta admit that they have helped to bring urban music to the top of the charts. some people would never listen to black music if there werent artists who bring it to the masses.

UKMusic.com Platinum Member
    Puffy, Loon and Fabolous !!

o yeah, loon! he sounds like his nose is full

LOL

loon has some hectik lyrics man, and fabolous, ja rule aint over rated he has hectik rhymes and riddems. Jay-z is da one dat is overated, he aint got alot of lyrical content, and pdiddy has some deep lyrics for real

hahahaha

at people on this forum choosin people who are rated by the pop listeners & not rated by proper hip hop listeners....

nelly maybe in the hip hop section but him like ja rule should be kicked to the rnb section.

now overrated rappers are people like cam'ron (was he rated in the 1st place)

Originally posted by Fidel Castro
    hahahaha

at people on this forum choosin people who are rated by the pop listeners & not rated by proper hip hop listeners....

nelly maybe in the hip hop section but him like ja rule should be kicked to the rnb section.

now overrated rappers are people like cam'ron (was he rated in the 1st place)
    Shut up Choppa !!

Source magazine rates some of these so called rappers nuff to give em front page covers and and brainwash a lot of ppl in the US and UK (do you eva read there letters page with some of the bull$$$$ ppl write in with - i thought not)

Stick to D'n'B bro cos even Cam'rom is not what i call an out and Rapper nowadays.

He's just as R'n'B as Nelly as you would say !! (haven't you heard Daydreaming off his new LP ?? - now tell me that aint R'n'B then !!)

You forget that Ja was orignally undaz just like Cam'ron etc with his Cru the Cash Money Click (i think that's what they were called).

Originally posted by mc_vespa
    loon has some hectik lyrics man, and fabolous, ja rule aint over rated he has hectik rhymes and riddems. Jay-z is da one dat is overated, he aint got alot of lyrical content, and pdiddy has some deep lyrics for real
    LOL @ Loon, Faboulous and P.Diddy having DEEP, HECTIK (as you say) lyrics

You need to listen to some old Eric B and Rakim, Slick Rick or Big Daddy Kane stuff !!

Now that type of stuff has DEEP LYRICS in em !!

Do you kno that Jiggaman has been in this game for tyme now and seen a lot of MC's come and go and is still holding it up !!

He has a wicked flow and his delivery is brill (and he can change styles v.easliy - check Orignial Flavour's classic Can I Get Open or Jigga's own Jiggy What, Jigga Who and you'll see what i mean and then compare it to his other stuff)

Originally posted by It's A Naturel Thing

Shut up Choppa !!

Source magazine rates some of these so called rappers nuff to give em front page covers and and brainwash a lot of ppl in the US and UK (do you eva read there letters page with some of the bull$$$$ ppl write in with - i thought not)

please don't try & tell me about hip hop, i have been into hip hop for over 8 years, just coz i haven't made it know to the masses in the internet world, don't mean i don't know $$$$.

the source ain't a good magazine, they hand out 4 & 5 mics out like ho's with herps.

their have been a nuff albums in recent time that the source have rated as a 4 mic album when it has been utter $$$$.

the source is a hip hop magazine alie? is it also not a commerical worldwide magazine, so of course they are gunna have commerical people like nelly & splinter (ja rule) on the front cover, cause not everyone in to hip hop knows bout the underground artists or about how underrated people like gza are, about big daddy kane & kool g rap rappin bout the bling bling lifestyle that so many rappers do know, or how influencial rakim (maybe the G.o.a.t) has been on the scene.

i've heard cam'ron's attempt of an album and their is only 1 song i like & thats the rinsed oh boy, the album is $$$$. Ja Rule if he didn't attempt to sing his way thru a whole album, and want to be the new tupac, wouldn't be as overrated as people say he is. I got no respect for nelly, just for lookin like a stupid $$$$$, who wears a plaster on his cheek, tryin to be a red indian or something.

Overrated rappers clipse & n.o.r.e - can only spit good over a neptunes beat & when capone backs him up.
    Last edited by Fidel Castro; 11-09-2002 at 10:55 AM.

cam'ron & Loon

Joe
    Ja Rule + Nelly

ja rule and loon.

ja rule, loon, puffy..... totally agree!!!

Jay-Z might not be BAD but he is surely overrated......he can not compete with NAS

Jay aint overated

I don't think someone who learned his craft with Legenday Big Jaz (now Jaz-O) and Big Daddy Kane can be counted not all that !!

Hova anit as good as Nas (NO WAY !!) - but producers and artists in the game rate him as one of the best !!

Also minus Biggy - he's the only other rapper out there that just goes in the studio and says his rhymes (no one else as far as i kno does this !!)

Overated .............. please !!

Thread Information